error: ‘qInfo’ was not declared in this scope
w***@gmail.com
2017-06-24 07:09:00 UTC
Scanning dependencies of target fglauncher
[ 36%] Building CXX object src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/AddCatalogDialog.cxx.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object
src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/LauncherMainWindow.cxx.o
[ 36%] Building CXX object src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/SetupRootDialog.cxx.o
[ 37%] Built target testAeroMesh
[ 37%] Building CXX object
src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/InstallSceneryDialog.cxx.o
[ 37%] Building CXX object src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/PreviewWindow.cxx.o
[ 37%] Building CXX object
src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/fglauncher_automoc.cpp.o
[ 37%] Built target fgfs_automoc
/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/flightgear/src/GUI/PreviewWindow.cxx: In member
function ‘void PreviewWindow::setUrls(QVariantList)’:
/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/flightgear/src/GUI/PreviewWindow.cxx:29:15:
error: ‘qInfo’ was not declared in this scope
qInfo() << "requesting:" << url;
^
make[2]: *** [src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/PreviewWindow.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/all] Error 2
[ 37%] Built target fgelev
[ 38%] Built target fgviewer
[ 45%] Built target fgtestlib
make: *** [all] Error 2
[ 0%] Built target fgsqlite3
[ 7%] Built target iaxclient_lib
[ 12%] Built target flite_hts
[ 13%] Built target hts_engine
[ 14%] Built target fgelev
[ 17%] Built target fgpanel
[ 18%] Built target fgviewer
[ 18%] Built target GPSsmooth
[ 18%] Built target MIDGsmooth
[ 19%] Built target UGsmooth
[ 19%] Built target fgcom
[ 19%] Built target fgtraffic
[ 26%] Built target fgtestlib
[ 27%] Linking CXX executable fgtest
[ 27%] Built target fgtest
[ 37%] Built target JSBSim
[ 38%] Built target testAeroMesh
[ 38%] Linking CXX executable test_flightplan
[ 38%] Built target test_flightplan
[ 38%] Built target test_ls_matrix
[ 38%] Linking CXX executable test_navs
[ 38%] Built target test_navs
[ 38%] Built target testAeroElement
[ 38%] Built target fgrcc
[ 38%] Automatic moc for target fglauncher
[ 38%] Built target fglauncher_automoc
[ 38%] Building CXX object src/GUI/CMakeFiles/fglauncher.dir/PreviewWindow.cxx.o
James Turner
2017-06-24 07:37:30 UTC
/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/flightgear/src/GUI/PreviewWindow.cxx:29:15: error: ‘qInfo’ was not declared in this scope
qInfo() << "requesting:" << url;
Ah, another old Qt one. There are changes coming soon that will require Qt 5.4 (which is still ‘old’), maybe it’s time for you to upgrade? Hopefully not too painful, I guess even if your distro ships older Qt there will be third party ways to get a newer version?

Kind regards,
James
James Turner
2017-06-25 09:53:34 UTC
it is ubuntu 14.04 LTS... supported until 2019... we really are not prepared to attempt upgrading the OS at this time... no clue about problems trying to upgrade components... last time we tried that, we were forced to reinstall clean and rebuild everything... that took three months and there were no happy campers...
Post by James Turner
Hopefully not too painful, I guess even if your distro ships older Qt there
will be third party ways to get a newer version?
i have no idea... riding on the bleeding edge is ok for some things but not for everything :(
To clarify:

- I’m not for a moment suggesting you dist-uprgade, more that you treat Qt like OSG or Plib, since the distro version is archaic :)

- I’m also not suggesting bleeding edge, that would mean Qt 5.7 or even 5.8 :)

We do need to figure out a solution for people in your situation, probably some extension to download-and-compile to grab and build the subset of Qt needed; this would also allow me to use a higher version if needed (the critical feature I need was added in 5.4, but I think had some bug-fixes that went into 5.5)

Kind regards,
James
w***@gmail.com
2017-06-30 21:03:28 UTC
Post by James Turner
Post by w***@gmail.com
/home/myuser/flightgear-dev/next/flightgear/src/GUI/PreviewWindow.cxx: In
error: ‘qInfo’ was not declared in this scope
qInfo() << "requesting:" << url;
Ah, another old Qt one. There are changes coming soon that will require Qt 5.4
(which is still ‘old’), maybe it’s time for you to upgrade? Hopefully not too
painful, I guess even if your distro ships older Qt there will be third party
ways to get a newer version?
following up on this and the problem with curl on older macs, i posted to the
user on the forum to try the nightly where you fixed the curl problem... he
asked where to find them so i went looking and the newest DMG files are 2017 Jun
21 13:10...

when i look at the nightly build stuff on jenkins, i see that the mac-nightly
stuff is failing for a similar error to the above...

/Users/jenkins/jenkins-root/workspace/Mac-nightly/flightgear/src/GUI/PreviewWindow.cxx:29:9:
error: use of undeclared identifier 'qInfo'; did you mean 'qInf'?
qInfo() << "requesting:" << url;
^~~~~
qInf
/Users/Shared/Qt/5.4/clang_64/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers/qnumeric.h:50:22:
note: 'qInf' declared here
Q_CORE_EXPORT double qInf();
^
/Users/jenkins/jenkins-root/workspace/Mac-nightly/flightgear/src/GUI/PreviewWindow.cxx:29:17:
error: invalid operands to binary expression ('double' and 'const char *')
qInfo() << "requesting:" << url;
2 errors generated.

the newest mac-nightly is 9 days old, now...