fgms has a new home
Oliver Schröder
2017-06-24 07:15:47 UTC
Hi Torsten,

can you please update the DNS record for mpserver13?

It isn't dead as I supposed, it just has a new address...

Best regards,
Oliver

Betreff: Re: fgms has a new home
Datum: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 07:10:29 +0200
Von: Charles <***@ingels.me>
An: Oliver Schröder <***@o-schroeder.de>, ***@postrobot.de
<***@postrobot.de>

By the way, the DNS entries for mpserver13 shall be modified with the
following records:

91.121.101.66
2001:41d0:1:9a42::1

I have created the following record in a domain I own:

mpserver13.ingels.me

which is up to date with the IP addresses above.

By this way, it is possible to add an A and an AAAA record for
mpserver13.flightgear.org or a CNAME to mpserver13.ingels.me.

Regards,

Charles
Torsten Dreyer
2017-06-24 17:50:57 UTC
Post by Oliver Schröder
can you please update the DNS record for mpserver13?
91.121.101.66
Done.
Post by Oliver Schröder
By this way, it is possible to add an A and an AAAA record for
mpserver13.flightgear.org or a CNAME to mpserver13.ingels.me.
Regarding ip6 - does our mp client support ip6? We don't have any other ip6
address entry yet. However, we could easily add AAAA records if we wanted
to.

Regarding CNAME: no, that is not possible because we also use TXT records
along with the host name and a CNAME does not tolerate any other record
next to him.

Regards
Torsten
Torsten Dreyer
Oliver Schröder
2017-06-24 18:26:48 UTC
Post by Torsten Dreyer
Regarding ip6 - does our mp client support ip6? We don't have any other
ip6 address entry yet. However, we could easily add AAAA records if we
wanted to.
Not yet, I'm working on this. plibs (and flightgears) netsocket handles
only IPv4 so AAAA records do not break anything, but hopefully make the
migration more smooth.

Regards,
Oliver
Torsten Dreyer
2017-06-24 18:32:43 UTC
Post by Oliver Schröder
Not yet, I'm working on this. plibs (and flightgears) netsocket handles
only IPv4 so AAAA records do not break anything, but hopefully make the
migration more smooth.
All right - whenever we support ip6, I am happy to enter AAAA records.
I'd like to avoid maintaining unused data for the moment.
--
Torsten Dreyer