2017-07-18 11:03:41 UTC
we now have a simple API to add addons to FlightGear without the need to
mess around with FGData/Nasal or FGHome/Nasal directories.
FlightGear now accepts the command line switch --addon=/path/to/some/addon
(note: command line switch is just that: a command line switch - not an
option to be entered into the launcher).
fgfs (through options.cxx) takes care of
- creating a property under /addons/addon[n]/path=/path/to/some/addon
- adding /path/to/some/addon/config.xml as a config file (same as
- adding /path/to/some/addon to the list of allowed directories (same as
The addon may be installed anywhere on your hard disk and it needs at least
* config.xml - a standard PropertyList to be used to populate or modify the
property tree. (Same as to be used in --config=foo.xml)
* main.nas - the Nasal hook for the logic. This file needs a function
called main() which will be called from the global addon initializer
It is pretty simple but does it's job nicely with our two addons we
currently have in FGAddon (ATCChatter and SpokenATC).
There is a /very/ simple Skeleton addon available to be used as a
As always: feedback is much appreciated.